Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chicken Tamale Casserole

As many of you know this month will be filled with fabulous guest post from many Various talented ladies! Today's guest is Ashley from Read it & Eat. Please be kind and check out her blog. Thanks Ashley!


Hi! My name is Ashley. I am SO excited to be guest blogging for Erika today. Thank you Erika! This is my 1st guest blog. So, I will tell you just a little bit about myself. I am 22 year old southern belle married to my soulmate, and a SAHM to the most handsome baby boy, born on my birthday last year, who will be ONE on the 21st. Best birthday present ever! I started Read It & Eat as a New Year's Resolution. My resolution was to try new things even if I didn't think I would like them, and to try new recipes, at least one a week. Most of the time I do more than one a week because it's like a challenge now to see how many new things I can try or do. I am loving it. I am fairly new to this whole blogging thing. I just started my blog in December. So, I hope you enjoy the recipe today. I knew I wanted to do a new recipe for the guest blog today, and I decided on something to celebrate Cinco de Mayo coming up. I found this recipe on myrecipes.com. It is originally from Cooking Light magazine, so it is a lighter dish. I'm sure you could "fatten" it up if you wanted to. =) Hope you like it!





Chicken Tamale Casserole



INGREDIENTS

1 cup (4 oz) preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
1/3 cup fat-free milk
¼ cup egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 (14.75 oz) can cream-style corn
1 (8.5 oz) box corn muffin mix (like Jiffy)
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles, drained
1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (like Old El Paso)
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
½ cup fat-free sour cream


DIRECTIONS


1. Preheat oven to 400°.


2. Combine ¼ cup cheese and the next 7 ingredients, through chiles, in a large bowl, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.


3. Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour the whole can of enchilada sauce over the top and spread it around to cover the whole dish. Top with chicken, and sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup shredded cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from the oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces, and top each serving with sour cream.





I was pleasantly surprised at how YUMMY this dish was. Very good, and even holds up when reheated. I think next time I will mix the chicken in with the corn muffin mix. I hope you enjoyed the recipe, and be sure to come visit me!



Thank you again Erika!

1 comment:

  1. ok, I'm making this tonight..in a few minutes actually...should I mix my meat in the corn mix? Or try it as is? Which will taste better?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments! Thanks for leaving one.

Crafty Gals

More Crafty Gals

Even More Crafty Gals!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP