Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Adorable Display Board

Today we have Aleesha from Ready, Set, Create!! I'm a total fan of hers. If you've never visited her blog, it's about time you did! You don't want to miss great posts... such as these Chocolate Dishes!!! If you like what you see, please visit her blog and become a follower.

Hello there all you Crafty people!
I'm so excited to be here on Miss Crafty Pants, Thanks Erika for having me as your guest today!
Here is a little about me. . .

I'm Aleesha from Ready, Set, Create!!
I'm a fun lovin, picture taking, book reading, bargain hunting, scrapbooking, twenty-something girl.

My true love is my hubby. . . We've been married just over three years.
(I'm the one next to that super cute guy!)

My blog is where I share and catalog all my crafty endeavors.



You can find a little bit of everything there, from yummy treats to home decor.
Feel free to stop by and let me know what you think.


Here is one of my recent projects that I'd like to share with you.

Have you seen some of the various display boards out there in blogworld?
I made my own variation that turned out so totally fab, so I thought I'd show you!

Supplies;
A piece of wood at your chosen length
Some Jumbo wooden paperclips - as many as you'd like
Fabric - two different colors
Mod Podge
Hot glue gun
Embellishments

Start with your board and which ever fabric you'd like to cover it with.
Cut your fabric slightly larger than your board. (Make sure that you have enough to cover the sides and part of the back.) Give the front side of your board a coat of Mod Podge and lay the piece of fabric you cut right on top. Smooth it on and let it dry.
Once it is dry flip it over and mod podge the edges of the fabric down on the back. (Sorry I don't have a pic if this step) Don't worry about how the back looks, nobody is ever gonna see it! Next put a coat of mod podge on the top of the fabric on the front side. This will make the paperclips stay on better.
While it dries we will cover the paperclips with fabric. Trace around the front of the clip on the fabric and cut it out.
We're going to stick this fabric on the same way as we did on the board, One coat of mod podge on the bottom, then fabric, then another coat on the top.
Once its all good and dry, we'll stick it all together with the glue gun. Just glue the paper clips right on the board where ever you want them to go. Last stick on a few embellishments, whatever you want. I added a few buttons to mine to give it some extra awesomeness. :)
Find a good place to hang it, and there you go! So Cute!

Well there you have it. . . a little about me and a little craftin.
Thanks again Erika for having me today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to read your comments! Thanks for leaving one.

Crafty Gals

More Crafty Gals

Even More Crafty Gals!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP