I made these last year and realized I never posted about them. Enjoy the tutorial!
-Tan (Caramel Color) craft paint
(I also had a dark brown color on hand just incase the tan was too light)
-Disposable Plastic Cup
-Clear Acrylic Spray
Corn cob litter (found in the pet section)
1. Insert Popsicle sticks into the tops of the apple.
2. Place apples on top of the wax paper.
3. Mix Mod podge (about a 1/2 disposable cup full) and a few teaspoons of craft paint together until well mixed.
(This is not an exact measurement, this just worked for me.) If you need to add a little more paint to darken the color, do so now).
4. Spoon the mod podge mixture over the top of the apple, and let it drip down the sides of the apple.
5. Sprinkle the corn cob litter on top of the apple, and a little on the sides.
6.Let it dry (Mine took several DAYS because the mod podge pooled up at the bottom of the apple. I liked the look of it, but I'm just warning you that if took a LONG time to dry).
7.Once the apple is completely dry spray the shiny acrylic spray over the top of the apple.
8. Let dry
9. Wrap in a clear cellophane (to make it look like a real caramel apple).