Monday, August 16, 2010

We've Moved AGAIN.

Sorry about no new recent posts. We've been a little busy! Read on to see what we've been up to.










Our summer vacation to Utah has come to a close, and we've made it to our final destination.
For those of you who didn't know, my honey's job has moved us once again.

Have you ever seen "The Proposal"? That's where we've moved!
(Even though it really wasn't filmed here, certain scenes look a lot like here.)
My honey is a corporal and teaching at the academy here. This will be a minimum of a two year commitment. I have such mixed feelings about everything, but I can't deny this is where we're supposed to be for the time being.
It's beauty is breathtaking...and so are the grocery prices. I must admit I had a bit of a melt down at the grocery store when I saw it was $2.87 for a can of Dora Campbells Soup. Yikes!!
The fish are as thick as the eye can see. We were thrilled to see the Salmon "Traffic Jam" starting in the ocean and viewing the thousands more headed up the streams. It was amazing.
The weather has been enjoyable to say the least. I know it's a little unusual to be this warm and sunny, but we'll take it as we can. We've already enjoyed fishing, the beach, and hiking just the few days we've been here.
We are still homeless and are in a panic. I want nothing more then to find a place to live so I can enjoy myself a little more. The kids start school next week, and I just want to be settled. For those of you who don't know..there's a major rental shortage here. Plenty of two bedroom one bath rentals, but for a family of 6 will not cut it. Please keep us in your prayers...we need a miracle!



3 comments:

  1. Praying ya'll find a place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place! I'm sure it will be a great experience for you. I've always wanted to visit there. Good luck and we'll pray for your miracle!
    ♥ Aleesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I don't know you. Just found your cute website. Just had to tell you how jealous I am. Ever since I saw The Proposal I have wanted to move to Sitka. My sister and her husband went on an Alaskan cruise and said Sitka is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments! Thanks for leaving one.

Crafty Gals

More Crafty Gals

Even More Crafty Gals!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP